Thursday, April 16, 2009

Circumcision...another comment....

I got another comment that I am not going to publish, but you know who you are and in case you're reading.........this is for you....

1. My "friend of a friend" story....was an IMMEDIATE friend...not 6 people removed and there will always be cases where things go wrong in any type of procedure.

2. My "social reasons" not counting....count for ME...remember my husband and I are the ones making the decision.

3. Your Jewish "expert" doesn't make decisions for me either...and the fact that I didn't have it done on day 8 having no "covenantal value"....that's like telling Jesus not to heal on the Sabbath! I never said we had a Bris, but the procedure was important to my husband's family because they are Jewish.

4. Finally, as far as me "taking away his choice".....I have NEVER heard of one single man, in my life, complain that they were circumcised and they wished they weren't.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

How interesting! I guess that is another heated topic! As you know though you've gotta do what's right for you and your family :)

Oh, by the way, I just gave you an award on my blog! check it out!

Anonymous said...

Well, make sure you let him make every choice and do whatever he wants, because you shouldn't make any choices for him ever:)

I take away 1000 choices every day. That argument kills me. Hello, parents are supposed to make decisions for their kids.

Did I miss the post about when your finalization is? If I did I can't believe I did, I'm a total stalker.

Blessings to you and yours in that strict parental dictatorship you got going on over there.

Anonymous said...

oh Geez! I just love when people think their choice is the only choice and the only way to look at things. It's just beyond me. ( eye roll ) And ITA, you are SUPPOSED to make decisions for your children. Otherwise they'd never take a shower, never brush their teeth, never take a nap, and live on candy. lol Circumcision is one of those things that is very personal. There is no right or wrong.

I can't find my blog said...

Did you know you'd be opening such a huge can of worms when you started all of this?