Saturday, January 7, 2017
With GOALS, you have all year to strive to reach the goal, but even 1/2 way there is farther then you were when you started. Also, if you only achieve 5 out of the 10 goals, celebrate what you have achieved not what you didn't do.
When making goals think about:
1. things you already know you're going to do.
2. different categories like: finances, family and health.
3. little steps each month you can take to reaching that goal.
Here are my goals for 2017:
1. Buy a house. We are going to talk to a realtor soon and hope to move by the middle of summer.
2. Write on my blog at least 5 times a month.
3. Bible study daily. I got away from this when we moved as other things SEEMED more important, but now I realize that this kept me sane and I need it back.
4. Drink more water and get to bed by 10:00. I need to be healthier.
5. Have a date with my husband once a month. We are actually going to plan one a week, but there are always things that come up, (sickness, babysitter not available), that could prevent one from not happening, so in saying once a month and doing more is actually a success.
6. Paint the dining room. This is one of those things that I know I'm going to do and it puts built in success into my goals.
7. Reorganize pictures. I've been trying to do this for years now.
8. Learn to e-trade and revamp retirement goals.