My sister and mother have each said that now that we've adopted we'll get pregnant. My reply to them is, "There has to be something more then sleeping going on in our bed for that to happen." The baby just doesn't sleep enough for S...E...X...to be happening, so sleep deprivation has made that a lower priority. We'll probably need to get the dog off the bed too. He does have a kennel, but we've just been allowing him to sleep on the bed with us. I know, not a good idea. We're going to change this! My husband's work schedule also gets in the way. Many times, he's just getting home and since I get up at 5 A.M., I head off to bed early. I do enjoy it, but how do you find the energy and time? There has to be a way to find a balance....right!?!
Sheila Wray Gregoire has written a book called, "Honey, I Don't Have a Headache Tonight," that has some wonderful advice related to sex and these issues:
* How change in the sexual relationship requires change elsewhere.
* Why sex for women is often a "head thing."
* How television is the biggest enemy to intimacy.
* Why forgiveness and letting go of the need to be right is so important.
* How self-image issues and past hurts can throw intimacy into a tailspin.
* The repercussions of everyday energy zappers.
* The threats to Godly sexuality.
* The roadblocks of respect.
* The cultural attacks on gender.
Sheila is having a scavenger hunt. You'll need to go to five blogs, on her tour, and collect the five secret words. My blog is the last stop and THE SECRET WORD FROM ME IS "COOKERS." If you don't have all the words yet, go over to Mrs. Juice Box, which is the first stop on the tour. Once you have all five words, go here and enter the message and your email.
Sheila says the winner will get "a free audio download of my 45 minute talk on the subject, aptly titled Honey, I Don't Have a Headache Tonight! It's hilarious, real, and we leave nothing out! And I'll also mail the winner a copy of my book Reality Check, a collection of 85 of my favorite syndicated columns!"
One winner will be drawn and announced on Sheila's blog, To Love Honor and Vacuum, at 10:00 p.m. GOOD LUCK!