Thursday, May 22, 2008

The Duggers...now you're just being gready!


In the news, recently, I read about the Dugger family. They are pregnant with their 18th child. They live in a 7000 square foot home and the mom homeschools them all.


Then it hit me....THAT'S WHY I HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO GET PREGNANT (tongue in cheek)! SHE'S TAKEN ALL MY CHANCES!

Then it hit me again....OH MY GOD! NO @!#$% WAY WOULD I WANT 18 CHILDREN!! THANK YOU GOD, THAT IT'S NOT ME!

I apologize to anyone I offend, but....
1. I love God and I DESPERATELY want to have children, but sorry, not 18. I saw what eight did to my mother. That woman will have no muscle strength (you know where), certainly no time and can you imagine trying to keep track of all those schedules. My mother, to this day, can't remember the date of my birthday and half the time I'm not even called by the right name.
2. If those kids are anything like my siblings...none of them will have more then 3 children each....(OH MY GOD...that still means...18 x 3....wait....carry the 2....hmmm.....54 GRANDCHILDREN!)
3. God certainly gives you the life you were meant to have because I can not, for one second, imagaine having that many children.

It's funny that things that can make you thankful sometimes.

Photobucket

5 comments:

Happy said...

The Duggers told the world about their upcoming child on Mother's Day...lovely. I'm with you, 18 it's waaaay to many.

Mama Smurf said...

Amen sista! I can barely keep track of my schedule as it is with 3...I can't even imagine 4 let alone 18...and HOME SCHOOLING??!!! She's either insane (literally) or a Saint.

Unknown said...

Too many for sure.

Still keeping you in my prayers.

LL said...

They had a reality show on tv I think last year...it was really interesting to watch and their house is totally filled with love...but I sure couldn't and most likely wouldn't and of course I CAN'T do it..have that many children...and I keep thinking about how torn up her body must be.

Debbie said...

Thanks for visiting my site. I've been reading your journey to adoption. Hold on, I know it's alot of work and with someone like the Duggers it doesn't seem fair. I've had my struggles to but after our two adoption all the pain and paperwork just seems like a blur. Good luck to you. It's way worth it! :)