Since retiring I've had more time to pursue my passions. I have a 7 year old in second grade and a 3 year old at home with me, so my time is limited (nap time/after they go to bed), but I have found ways to fit them in.
1. Garden/Work outside: I get great satisfaction from seeing a garden cleared, a flowerbed planted, and using giant loppers or a weed-wacker. It's great exercise too. I usually do this after Sam goes to school. I take my 3 year old, Andrew, out with me. He loves to play in the dirt and explore. We are usually outside for a good 2 hours, before we both are in need of a break and covered in dirt.
3. Shop: Doesn't everyone?! I love to yard sale and bargain hunt the most. Forget brand names....I get excited knowing I found something great for next to nothing prices. I'm excited to do it more now that I live closer to my sister, Karen, that loves it too.
The rest of my passions are things I do when the kids are sleeping.
4. Bible Journaling: I started this a couple years back. I am now doing a Bible for each of my boys. It draws me closer to God and helps me internalize the word even more. Plus it's "artsy" and I love that.
9. Read: I devour BOOKS at a rate of about 60 a year. I usually do this for about an hour before I fall asleep at night. My favorite genre is historical and religious fiction.
10. Pinterest: I use it to do all the other things I enjoy. I get landscaping ideas, Bible Journaling templates, Zentangle patterns, organizing hints and even wardrobe, decorating and recipes. It's amazing.
11. Writing: I've kept a journal since I was 13 years old. I write more when I am going through hard times in my life. I love to write fiction too, but it's just for me. In recent years I haven't spent as much time on this one as I used to. I've started BLOGGING again more though. I thought I wanted to be a writing for a long time, but now it's just a hobby.
I never thought I would be this busy after I retired!