Monday, April 29, 2013
25 THINGS MY SON NEEDS TO KNOW
1. God is pleased with you. He loves you. He's listening. He understands.
2. Find other ways to solve disputes then with your fists.
3. There are times you need to be gentle.
4. Be silly and use your imagination.
5. Good manners matter.
6. Practice. Practice. Practice. Never give up.
7. Explore the world.
8. How to cook a meal.
9. How to use basic tools.
10. How to do laundry.
11. The simple joy of a good book.
12. How to slow dance.
13. How to be a good loser.
14. Real girls do not look like Victoria’s Secret models.
15. Condoms will save your life.
16. It's NEVER acceptable to break up with a girl over the phone/text.
17. The job of a stay-at-home mom is equally as hard as yours.
18. It's good to ask questions.
19. Just because someone else does it different doesn't make it wrong.
20. Resisting the temptation to participate in wrong doing makes you a good man.
21. Girls that try to change you don't really love you, no matter how much you want them to.
22. Never use the word "gay" or any other word in a derogatory manner. It’s ignorant.
23. Never stop learning. Education is invaluable, but you don't have to attend college to get it.
24. Good men are powerful because of their brains, their determination, and their integrity.
25. Good women are beautiful because of their brains, their determination, and their integrity.
NOTE: I got a bunch of these from Tabitha at Team Studer and PINTEREST! Good advice, no matter where it comes from.
Labels: In My Opinion