Tuesday, January 12, 2010

TWO SENSE TUESDAYS #45...HOW AM I DOING?

Being a new mother I seem to get a lot of advice, which can be helpful, but is also very frustrating when it's from people who are insistent that their way is the BEST way. I also get advice (because I'm an adoptive mother) from those who think that my son is just a stand-in until I get "the real thing."

Each week I will post a new question. I'd love it if you'd play along and offer us new mothers your pearls of wisdom.

HERE IS THIS WEEK'S QUESTION:

DO YOU EVER FIND YOURSELF COMPARING YOUR PARENTING AND/OR CHILD'S DEVELOPMENT TO OTHERS?

1 comment:

Connie said...

Of course, Tracey. I pick up some good food for thought, and it sometimes affects how I do things. But I always ask myself, would I rather do things this person's way, or would I rather do it my way? Would I rather be them, or would I rather be me?