I am officially on vacation until November 30. I teach at a year-round school, so I have November and March off. I love it. Here is the list of what I want to accomplish while I'm on vacation...
* finish all my Christmas and Hanukkah shopping and wrap everything. Yes, I am one of "those" people. I do not shop the day after Thanksgiving....no way....those people are nuts!
* clean my refrigerator
* redo my resume...I haven't written one in 20 years and I am thinking of changing schools next year.
* get Samuel's Christmas picture taken
* address all my Christmas and Hanukkah cards.
* purge my file cabinet...this is one year where I am looking forward to tax season....finally we have a large write off!
* organize my photo albums and loose pictures
* clean the office...this is just the closet...Ugghh!
* clean outside...sucking up all the leaves and then the day after Thanksgiving put up Christmas decorations
* make Christmas wreaths and blankets for gifts
* make a pumpkin pie
* I host Thanksgiving at my house and there is usually about about 9 or 10 people. Yes, we stuff the bird every year and no one dies from salmonella poisoning. My sister usually brings potatoes and these amazing date balls that I LOVE! My mother brings deviled eggs and lemon squares. They are fantastic.
* correct student papers
* planning for school
* I got this great book on how to put dry ingredients for cookies and such in mason jars and give them away as gifts. I've already bought the mason jars (very hard to find) and the dry ingredients. Now I just have to put them together and make them pretty.
.....AND THE CHALLENGE THIS YEAR IS TO DO ALL THIS WHILE BEING A MOMMY!