Wednesday, November 4, 2009

17 OUT OF 21 ISN'T BAD

A few days ago I posted about needing parents to get more involved.

My parent conferences are now over and I have to say that out of my class of 21 I had:

* one mom who "didn't have time."
* one no show...I sent the report card through the U.S. mail.
* one never scheduled because no matter what contact number I call I never get through...this case has been sent on to our counsellor.
* one parent who grunted through the entire conference and couldn't get out of there fast enough.
* 17 concerned, on top of things, holding their kids accountable, asking questions, looking for help, trying to do the best for their kids

So, all in all, my conferences worked out well. After a three week break I'll be ready to go back and I already feel motivated to keep plugging away.

1 comment:

birthmothertalks said...

You are right 17 out of 21 isn't bad.