I've been cleaning out my file cabinets and closets at school. I was thinking of tossing these, but then I decided to use a lesson I've learned from Darryle at CLUTTERCAST and pass them on to someone in BLOG WORLD who might like them.
These are the first two books I'll be giving away. (Yes, that means there will be more items to come in the future. Purging takes time.) They are quite old, I think 1991 or so, but they are in very good shape. I used them a lot when I taught third grade.
They are to make game board folders for both fall and spring. They can be made into great seat work activity folders for practicing sight words, math facts or any number of other topics that you are studying.
These are the second item that I will be passing on. Does anyone remember the GOOD APPLE NEWSPAPER? I had a subscription in 1991-1992.
Again, one is for the spring and one is for the fall.
Here is a look inside to wet your creative taste buds.
1. To have a chance at winning the first two books, leave a comment that answers this question: "What was the most important lesson you learned in school?"
2. To have a chance at winning the second item, leave another comment that answers this question: "What needs to happen to improve the education system in America?"
3. Be sure to leave a valid email address with each comment.
4. This contest is open to U.S. mailing addresses only.
5. You have until Sunday, September 20th, at noon (mountain time).
6. Then I will choose two random winners.
7. Only two comments (one for each question) per email address allowed.
8. I will try to publish the winner by Monday evening.