Tuesday, September 29, 2009

TWO SENSE TUESDAYS #30...Attention Seeking

Being a new mother I seem to get a lot of advice, which can be helpful, but is also very frustrating when it's from people who are insistent that their way is the BEST way. I also get advice (because I'm an adoptive mother) from those who think that my son is just a stand-in until I get "the real thing."

Each week I will post a new question. I'd love it if you'd play along and offer us new mothers your pearls of wisdom.

HERE IS THIS WEEK'S QUESTION:

WHAT DO YOU DO WHEN YOUR CHILD USES NEGATIVE BEHAVIORS TO GET YOUR ATTENTION?

1 comment:

KLTTX said...

As the mom to a six year old who is starting this, I can tell you that it takes all kinds of patience to do what needs to be done and ignore the behaviour. We try to ignore it as best we can. So long as he is not in any danger or a danger to others, we've found that ignoring it is best for us. He usually stops the behaviour soon if he does not get attention.