Friday, April 10, 2009

FAVORITE THINGS FRIDAY #17...Is that art?

This is my favorite piece of art work in our house. It's a clay depiction of a pueblo that I got from....believe it or not...an ex-boyfriend. Now, I only have a very few pieces or "art" in total, including a fancy mirror, candles, a cross, a cross stitch piece, my mother made, and a painting. I don't know a lot about art, but I know what I like. Also, we only display the stuff we love and I don't like our walls to look cluttered either.

It's displayed on our mantel along with a wreath that I made.

Blue doesn't really fit with the colors in our home right now, but one day I would love to own a "Blue Door" photograph like these I found on GOOGLE. Like I said, "I don't know much about art, but I know what I like!"


They were taken in Greece. It's very common there to see blue doors on the white buildings. There has always been something so welcoming and calming to me about these pictures.

Now it's your turn...What is your favorite piece of art work or decoration in your home?

No comments: