Debbie at Family Reunion tagged adoptive moms with this ...!
Here are the questions:
1. How many months (days, weeks, YEARS...) from 1st paper signed to placement? 11 months...we were very lucky!
2. WAS YOUR SIGNIFICANT OTHER EXCITED? Extremely! He was as shocked as I was that it went so fast.
3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS WHEN YOU GOT "THE" PHONE CALL? Shock! We were told it could take 18 months. We had no idea it would happen so quickly.
4. WHERE WERE YOU WHEN YOU FOUND OUT? At home...blogging of course!
5. HOW OLD WERE YOU? 40
6. WHAT IS YOUR CHILD'S BIRTH-COUNTRY (and province or city)? Albuquerque, NM
7. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST? Hubby of course...and then sister, Genie, my parents, Richard's parents, and then all our siblings and friends.
8. DID YOU REQUEST A BOY, GIRL, OR EITHER? Either!
9. HOW OLD WAS YOUR CHILD AT REFERRAL? 2 days old
10. WHEN AND HOW DID YOU SEE YOUR CHILD'S FACE/PICTURE FOR THE FIRST TIME? We met birthmom, K, on a Wednesday and the following Monday we had the first ultrasound and that is when we found out he was a boy.
11. WHAT WAS THE FIRST THING YOU BOUGHT FOR YOUR CHILD? Crib!
12. WHO/WHAT IRRITATED YOU THE MOST? Ignorant people making stupid comments about how I would probably get pregnant now and have a "real" baby of my own.
13. WHEN WERE YOU ABLE TO TRAVEL? Didn't need to travel. Birthmother lives in our town.
14. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER? Yes, in October.
15. HOW OLD WAS YOUR CHILD WHEN YOU SAW THEM IN PERSON FOR THE FIRST TIME? 1 second old!
16. DID YOU PACK ANYTHING SPECIAL JUST FOR YOUR BABY? A diaper bag!
17. WHAT SURPRISED YOU ABOUT YOUR TRAVEL EXPERIENCE THE MOST? N/A
18. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS WITH YOUR PAPERWORK/PROCESS? No, we didn't even have to update anything! It all went very smoothly!
19. WHAT WAS YOUR FAVORITE MEMORY OR PLACE YOU VISITED IN YOUR CHILD'S BIRTH COUNTRY?THE BEST? N/A
20. HOW MANY DAYS/WEEKS WERE YOU IN YOUR CHILD'S BIRTH COUNTRY? N/A
21. FAVORITE PLACE/THING TO EAT WHILE THERE? N/A
22. FAVORITE PLACE TO SHOP WHILE THERE? N/A
23. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU ON THE PLANE GOING/LEAVING? N/A
24. WHO MET YOU AT THE AIRPORT? N/A
25. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU DID AFTER LEAVING THE AIRPORT? N/A
26. WHAT DO YOU CALL YOUR ADOPTION DAY? We haven't had ours yet, but we're referring to it as finalization day right now.
27. WHAT DID YOU NAME HIM/HER? Samuel Henry.
28. HOW OLD IS YOUR FIRST BORN TODAY? 2 months on Sunday!
29. ARE YOU PLANNING TO GO BACK TO THEIR BIRTH COUNTRY SOMEDAY? N/A
30. HAVE YOU STARTED OR ALREADY MADE YOUR CHILD A LIFEBOOK? I have one album filled already. We have a box with all the adoption stuff in it too, but no lifebook.
Now it's your turn....if you're an adoptive mommy, tell us your story!