Wednesday, November 26, 2008

STUFFING!

Time to make the stuffing....

Photobucket
I got all the ingredients together...what you see here, plus 4 eggs, 2 pounds of pork sausage fried, celery and onion, fried. We have used my Grandmother's recipe every year, for as long as I can remember. We actually cook the stuffing in the bird. I know a lot of people are nervous about doing this, but we have NEVER had any food poisoning.

Photobucket
Then I spent a good hour breaking all the bread into small pieces. The bread is left to dry for about 5 days before this. My fingers are now raw, but it's well worth it.

Photobucket
Then we combine all the ingredients in a LARGE bowl and mash it with our hands. It stays in a bowl in the refrigerator until tomorrow and then I stuff the bird right before I put him in the oven. Mr. Turkey will cook for about 7-8 hours.

I'll take more pictures tomorrow, of the big get together.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING ALL!!

No comments: