Friday, July 11, 2008

NH trip part #2...4th of July Parade

On the way up to my hometown, we stopped at my brother in-law, Brian's, house (that he wants to sell) in Samborton.






It's amazing how lush it is. There's a little pond, tons of land, very wooded and hidden away. The house is in great shape. It has four bedrooms, a wood stove and even a screened in porch.


Then we drove another 45 minutes north to Lincoln, my home town. Remember NH isn't very wide, but it's very long.

We walked down to Main Street to see the parade. This is my niece, Sandi, with her husband, Ronnie, and three boys, Bradley, Bandon and Brodi.





Next I'll give you a little taste of a small town parade:

First you have to have the American Flag.









Then of course a crazy mountain man in a broken down car.













Then you throw in some kids and a band...










You have to have a tractor.








Also it's good if you can find some guys to build a shed on a float and raffle it off after the parades over to raise money for the town.










Finally, you have lots of fire trucks and even borrow a few from neighboring towns and of course add another band.








That's how you make a small town parade. Boy, do I miss these parades! The big ones just don't hold as much appeal. I love that everyone knows each other and they even toss candy to the kids. That's enough excitement for one day...I need a nap. Tomorrow you'll get to meet some of the crazy people I grew up with.

4 comments:

Happy said...

What made you move from NH?

Bri said...

Aww! It makes me miss my small town 4th of July festivities! How fun!

Jackie said...

I grew up in a town of 2000 people, and we had parades EXACTLY like that! I love them!

Mama Smurf said...

Yeah...what made you move from NH?