Thursday, July 10, 2008

NH trip part #1...before the BIG 40TH PARTY!

I left on July 2nd and I got back last night. It was great to go to my childhood home, but IT IS SO GOOD TO BE HOME IN ALBUQUERQUE!!!

I left Albuquerque at 11 am and got to NH around 8 pm. The plane was delayed in Baltimore because of thundershowers. I had a lot of BAD food and sat in very HARD chairs.


I was at my sister, Karen's, house the first couple days. She is so welcoming. She feels for everyone and doesn't have a harsh bone in her body. Karen sees into people's hearts to their intent and is the most gentle woman I know. If there's a "saint hood" line, she's in it. She sees ways to serve God in all she does. She's sixteen years older then I am and she's a grandmas to 4 boys by her daughter, Sandi and 1 girl by her son, Scott, who just become a new daddy this past Monday to Leah Stephanie.

This is my 15 year old niece and God daughter, Hannah. She's already about 5 inches taller than me. She has a great head on her shoulders, loves to be around family, has a a great sense of humor and is very respectful. Not things you see in teenagers these days. It was very refreshing.


The next morning my sister, Karen and I went strawberry picking, shopping at a consignment place for baby stuff and out to lunch. It was a wonderful day. Living so far apart and being so far apart in age hasn't given us many of these kinds of days together. So it is one I will treasure.








These are my other two nieces. Carly is the the little blonde. She's very articulate, funny and a great artist.






If you haven't guessed, Stephanie, is the adopted one. My sister, Karen, adopted her from Korea when she was about 6 months old. She's an amazing artist and is going to school for a degree in architecture. She's a very mature young lady.

Well, I think that's enough for today...I need to do a lot of errands, clean and get things reorganized after being gone for a week. I can't wait to show you the pictures from the 4th of July parade and the 40th Bash!

5 comments:

I can't find my blog said...

Hey! Who turned 40? and when? My day was on the 7th...

Sounds like you had a great time!

Mama Smurf said...

Looks like a fantastic family you have. You're a lucky woman!

Melba said...

Glad you had a nice trip!

Bri said...

Glad you had a nice trip - but glad you're back!We missed you...especially around bachelorette time!

Jackie said...

You're baaaaack! Seemed like you were gone forever! I'm so glad you had such a fabulous time and these pictures are wonderful. Can't wait to see more! Welcome home!