Thursday, June 12, 2008

WHERE WERE YOU IN 1982??



This is a picture of my class from 8th grade. We were fourteen years old. Can you find me?

This year all these kids (and me) are turning the big 4...0 and we're giving ourselves a birthday party. I'll be going back home to New Hampshire from July 2-9, (I haven't been back for 4 years.) where we will have a cook out, swim and embarrass each other with old stories and pictures, like this one. It should be a great time!

PS...I'm in the front row, third from the left....the one in the curly perm and red velor pants. Weren't we all so fashionable. For those who read about the book pusher, Bobby, he's sitting to my left (striped shirt).

5 comments:

Amy said...

I picked you out right away...I was somewhere sporting a perm at about this same time myself!:)
I can't wait to hear the stories and SEE the pictures from that gathering.

God Bless,
Amy:)

Anonymous said...

Hey Girl,

I just wanted to say it was nice reading your blog for the short time...I am deleting mine and moving on with my life. I have decided that today is the day to bury my infertility and get on with my life. I am so tired and drained that its time I let go....I wish you luck on your adoption process......-Nicole

LL said...

Great pic! Gotta love the 80's..it really was a great decade! have fun at the reunion!

My Blessings From Above said...

Ahhhh 1982! I remember those days! I was 20 years old, dating my dh and working for a doctor! Where had the time gone? Love the picture and the perm!
Michele

Sheila said...

In 1984 I was 14 and got my first curly perm, too, so I guess you beat me by 2 years!

It's my personal theory that everybody looks the worst they're over going to look at 13-14. Seriously, go into anyone's house and open up a photo album and turn to that year and you'll gag!

It's that awkward stage when we don't know what to do with our hair, and aren't used to these new bodies, and have pimples everywhere.

Then, two years later, you suddenly look human again. Although maybe it's just because you lost those red velour pants!

But the terrible part of all this is that my 13-year-old is gorgeous. It makes me very scared...

Visit To Love, Honor and Vacuum today!