Monday, May 26, 2008

These are a few of my favorite things.....


Trejor is my favorite perfume. It's kind of expensive so my husband gets me a bottle every year for Chrismas, and I make it last all year!



I love the sounds of birds in the morning. We have a bird feeder by our window and the cats love to sit on my hope chest and watch them. It's a great way to wake up.



I could sit for hours and listen to the water of a babbling brook.






Uggs are the warmest and most comfortable boots. I wear them around as slippers a lot of the time.



If you have never seen THE BLUE MAN GROUP, you are missing out. Sit as close as you can and wear a rain coat with a hood. We saw them in Vegas. They are amazing! Well worth the money.




Seven Brides for Seven Brothers was one of my most favorite tv shows. I still remember all their names: Adam, Brian, Crane, Daniel, Evan, Ford and Guthery.




Cabins in the woods take me back to a much simpler time...like on Little House on the Praire. They seem so homey and warm.





Candles make me relax and feel warm (Yah, I said warm again...I hate being cold.). I hate overhead lights. They give me a head ache.







I love earth tones. Mutted colors are very calming and relaxing. My home is decorated in browns, sage green, deep yellow, and deep purple.





Sunsets are very soothing. They say the day has finishing on a good note and all is good with the world.



I love to walk in old bookstores. They always have soft chairs in little alcoves to hide in.



I love the smell of French Lilacs. My father has them planted all along the side of our home in New Hampshire. The smell reminds me of home. A little unknown fact is that they don't last long if you try to make a bouquet of them in your house.



I love wild flowers, especially daisies. I like gardens that have a wild look to them with foot paths and a lot of shaded areas.







I need my one cup of coffee in the morning to get me going, but I love the smell of it all day long.





I absolutely love iced carmel macchiatos from Starbucks!!!!



Soothing, nature, warm and family....these are a few of my favorite things (Think of my voice as sounding like Julie Andrews....yah right!)


5 comments:

Mama Smurf said...

I love your list....we have a lot in common!

Melba said...

Your list is cool! I loved the Blue Man Group too!! I still have our tickets from that night...as we walked out there was a "blue man" at the door and he left a lovely blue lip imprint on our ticket stubs. :)

Unknown said...

Love the list. I am going to steal... er, borrow this idea.

Congratulations on 100 posts.

Tag... you're it. Come play with me. Read my post at http://allthingscherished.blogspot.com/2008/05/tagged-3.html.

LL said...

Seven Brides for Seven Brothers...I had totally forgotten about that show...i think I might have had 7 crushes on the boys too.

Great list!

annieology said...

I love Blue Man Group, seen them twice, the Vegas show is better than the tour. One of my kids got smudged on the way out, didn't think they'd ever wash again.
Got married by a babbling brook, it was serene.