Saturday, April 19, 2008

WHAT A GREAT YARD SALE DAY!

My mother and I go out YARD SALING at least 2 Saturdays a month (especially now that it's getting warm)! Today was a great day. Look at all the treasures I found!

I got all these books for $2.00! I think you should read with your children as soon as possible and every day. They will then have a love for books! I'm a teacher so this is very important to me.

I got the ten receiving blanks and these toys for $3.00! To clean up the toys I put them through a short cycle in the dish washer.

I got all these "onesies" for $2.00! At Wal-Mart, each "onesy" was at least $5.00.

My husband and I are adopting a baby. No, we don't know when the child is coming or whether it is a boy or girl! Anyway, we have to be ready. So, we've bought the crib (which will then turn into a toddler bed) and dresser (which will also be used as a changing table) and most of the other stuff will be picked up at yard sales. Children grow out of clothes so quickly, so my plan is to find as many clothes at yard sales and thrift stores as I can.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I love yard sales! :) (and thrift stores) they are so much fun and you can get great bargains. You're probably wondering, who is this random person? I found your blog through Menu Plan Monday. :)Have a good one!