Friday, April 4, 2008

Time To Change


This has been a year of changes for my husband and I (and more to come). I started writing this blog because I love to write and I wanted to put my book of inspirational comments on the net. Now though, I will be getting more personal and trying to help others too.

I am a Christian. My husband was raised Jewish, but has since become a Christian. I have taught school for 18 years and I have been married to my husband for 5 years this July.

We have been trying to concieve for five years and after many tears, drugs, shots, AI's and $$, we have decided to adopt. We have filled out all the paper work and are now working on our homestudy and finding a birth mother. This has been a very emotional journey, which I will speak more on later.

We have been lucky to have had time to get to know each other and to do some traveling in the last 5 years, but we are ready for our lives to change, to settle down more and to become parents.

I have been adjusting our spending, trying to be more frugal and saving for the baby. We've painted the baby's room, bought the necessities and even put the crib together.

I have found a lot of blogs about frugal living, especially on how to spend and cook more frugally (See my FAVORITE LINKS on the right hand side of this blog.).

We are ready for God to send us our child and await His gift eagerly.