Monday, July 23, 2012

WHY AM I SHARING THESE PHOTOS?

On my recent trip to my home town, in New Hampshire, I took these shots.
This used to be the paper mill on Main Street, where my father and grandfather worked. It's now a mall. This is the drying shed that my grandfather helped build. There is now a movie theater and a stage theater too.
This is School Street (which doesn't have a school on it...). I love these shotgun houses. There are hardly any fences, and tons of trees and grass. Most of them have a front porch too.
This is my mother's childhood home. The people that own it are only the 2nd owners since it was built.
The house in the background is our family home that we rent out to skiers and the one in the front, which is now lived in by a family, used to be a funeral home.
This is the house across the street. It's hard to get pictures of it because of all the stuff they have growing around it, but yes, it is rainbow colored. It used to be empty and we thought it was haunted.
This is Main Street....there is an ice cream shop, a breakfast place and the way out of town to the highway.....
...and this is the other direction on Main Street. On the left, which used to be a penny candy store is now a ski shop. Off in the distance, on the right, are the police and fire station. This is also the direction you head to the swimming hole and the ski slopes.

SO, THE BIG QUESTION IS, WHY AM I SHARING THESE PHOTOS?

1 comment:

Connie said...

I know, I know...because you like them! :-)