Saturday, August 2, 2008

Soul Mate


Eight years ago today, Richard and I had out first date and four days later it hit me like a bolt from above. I was in love.

I never imagined after my divorce that I would find my "soul mate." I didn't even believe that was possible. I wouldn't be able to marry my best friend. I wouldn't be able to find someone that had ALL the characteristics I was looking for. I'd have to "settle" for something that wasn't quite what I wanted. In fact, my brother saw the personal I had on-line, describing this person and even he thought that person didn't exist. "You're looking for a boy scout," he said.

I had dated a lot of "men," (term used loosely) since my divorce: one I sued, one I changed the locks because of, but most never made it past the first cup of coffee. A few were "ok," but that something special was missing. If this new guy, Richard, didn't work out, I was packing everything up and moving back to New Hampshire. I was tired of liars, losers and letches.

Three years later we were married and here we are today. He is still my best friend, soul mate and the most admirable, caring, hardworking, funny, sweet, gorgeous man I know. Sorry, ladies. I found him and he's all mine.

I love you, Honey. Thanks for making all my dreams come true.

7 comments:

Happy said...

My husband is my soul mate too...I knew he was "the one" after our 2nd date. After the first date I knew I wanted to be in a one on one relationship (hee hee).

Amy said...

That is so romantic!
Sounds like your hubby is wonderful.
You are both very blessed to have found each other.:)

Makes me want to go watch a good chick flick now.:)

God Bless,
Amy:)

Melba said...

I feel the same way you do! Even after 12+ years together, I am still madly in love with my DH!! Congrats to you on finding "the one!" It's no small blessing, to be sure.

Melba

Becky said...

That is so wonderful!!!

Jackie said...

Isn't God awesome? He brought the two of you together to make the perfect match. So sweet. :)

LL said...

I feel the same way about my husband. Congrats on finding your soul mate. God is great!

Anonymous said...

Aw...I just love a good love story. Good for the both of you!