Sunday, May 18, 2008

If God gives us a girl...



We spent a lot of money, time and anguish trying to get pregnant on our own. Finally, last November, we (me) had had enough and we decided, God must not want us to have children. Within days family stepped forward and said that if we wanted to adopt, they would help and we together could make it happen. It hit me..."IS ANYTHING TOO HARD FOR THE LORD?" Then we found the exact passage from the Bible.

"...Then the LORD said, "I will surely return to you about this time next year, and Sarah your wife will have a son." Now Sarah was listening at the entrance to the tent, which was behind him. Abraham and Sarah were already old and well advanced in years, and Sarah was past the age of childbearing. So Sarah laughed to herself as she thought, "After I am worn out and my master is old, will I now have this pleasure?" Then the LORD said to Abraham, "Why did Sarah laugh and say, 'Will I really have a child, now that I am old?' Is anything too hard for the LORD?..." Genesis 18:10-14

We then realized that, again, God had decided what the name of our daughter would be. She would be called Sarah.

Photobucket

4 comments:

Becky said...

Tracey,
I love both of these names and I love hearing about how God laid them both on your hearts! It will be wonderful to share that with your child/ren as every child asks, "Why did you name me that?"! You will get there!! Every day gets you closer although, I know there are some days it doesn't feel that way.
I am praying.........

LL said...

I love Biblical names!and it is great that you will have such a good story to tell your daughter.

Meredith said...

I know the adoption journey won't be easy, but after reading your two name stories, it feels like you are walking the words from Jeremiah 1:4 "I knew you even before you were conceived"

annieology said...

I love both your names, very meaningful without the question "where'd you come up with that name" I hope you have smooth sailing from here on out.