Sunday, May 18, 2008

If God gives us a boy...


Richard and I had been discussing names for quite awhile and we couldn't find one that we both really loved. Then while attending a Bible study class together, we came across this:

"...And she made a vow, saying, "O LORD Almighty, if you will only look upon your servant's misery and remember me, and not forget your servant but give her a son, then I will give him to the LORD for all the days of his life..." 1 Samuel 1:11

"...I was pouring out my soul to the LORD..." 1Samuel 1:15

"...the LORD remembered her..." 1Samuel 1:19

"...She named him Samuel, saying, "Because I asked the LORD for him...."1Samuel 1:20

"...I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him. 1 Samuel 1:27

"...So now I give him to the LORD..." 1Samuel1:28

God spoke our son's name that day. From that day forward we knew that if we had a son, God had already named him, Samuel.

Photobucket

4 comments:

Mama Smurf said...

I love your baby name stories. Your right. I think this baby's name was meant to be Samuel or Sara. LOVE those names btw!

LL said...

Beautiful name. J and I still have decided on a middle name for a boy, we think we have the first though...but that could always change.

Melba said...

This gave me a chill, how sweet and what a sweet name! Names are a big deal and I can't even quite imagine what it will be like when that time finally comes.

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to say that I happened upon your blog tonight. I suffer from insomnia sooooooo I get on here and read blogs--LOL! I am a mom to five wonderful, special, blessed children. Picking their names was such a personal and special moment for me. I do love the name Samuel...it was my brother's nickname when he was little. It is such a strong name. I have four girls--Chelsea Brianne, MacKenna Paige, Dylanie Madisyn, and Irelynd Gray--and one handsome little prince, Kamden Ryan August. I have added you and your husband to my daily prayer list. I homeschool my children and every day we go through our lists and pray for those we have come across that we feel led to pray for. We will be praying that God blesses you with the LOVE of a child and I am sure when He does his/her name will be as special as he/she is.
GOD BLESS!!!!