Saturday, August 26, 2017

AUGUST IN REVIEW

Every year our town participates in NATIONAL NIGHT OUT! The boys love it. There favorite parts are the games, police dog demonstrations and....
The SUDS PARTY!
Andrew didn't want to get in last year, but this year he was one of the first ones to run in!

Then, while clearing brush at the edge of my property that touches the woods, I got POISON IVY! OMG! SO NOT FUN! I thought it was bug bites at first, as I have never had it. I scratched and then about 5 days later, too late to do anything, but suffer through it, I learned it was POISON IVY. If I had caught it immediately and washed the oils off with warm water and soap, I could have prevented the worse of it.
I ended up with this all over my legs and arms. I had to go to the doctor and take PREDNISONE. The blisters made it look like I had a contagious disease. I was horribly itchy and lost a lot of sleep. It takes about 3 weeks to run its course. I got a couple quotes and we had a guy come out today and cleared it all away. I certainly don't want my kids getting into it.
Just after I got over this my brother ended up with POISON OAK. I dare not post a picture of that as he looked like a Sharpei.
The good news.....we got the boys play set built.
Sam likes it, but Andrew loves it!
Andrew continued with preschool through the summer and enjoyed outdoor painting....
....and playing in the mud.
We had picnics.....and....
.....played putt putt golf.
Richard spent his time doing house projects. We are trying to get this garage ready so it is, at least, water tight for the winter. He is combing the moss off of the roof with a snow rake.
We need to cut back the branches above it too.
He also built a railing on these steps.
He still needs to paint them, but it came out very well.
We've also been busy doing our fair amount of swimming too.
School starts on August 29th.

Next month I'll have pictures of the bathroom renovation we are doing.

It will be a very busy year.

No comments: