Tuesday, February 5, 2013

COUGH, HACK....ACHOO!

Since Sunday Samuel has had a temperature, sore throat, congestion and coughing.

Once again, thank you, preschool!

Richard stayed home with Sam on Monday. When I got home from work, Sam's temperature was back up to 102 degrees and he had a green, yucky, discharge coming from his eyes. My first thought was, "Oh, no. Now he's got pink eye."

So, we took Sam to urgent care. I rocked Sam on my lap in the waiting room, while Richard signed us in. In the middle of Sam sneezing, coughing and feeling miserable, he whispers in my ear, "Mama, I love you." What a glorious feeling!

Thank God, it was not pink eye! It's just a part of a nasty cold. We are doing a regiment of Tylenol/Ibuprofen every 4 hours, humidifier (with a Vicks Vaporub drop in) on constantly, spells of sitting in the bathroom with the hot shower on, cough medicine with codeine for sleeping and lots of fluids.

We finally got him to sleep around 8:30 p.m. and he actually slept the whole night through....first time since Friday. He can't go back to school until he's fever free for 24 hours, so we are shooting for Friday.

Richard's mother, Grandma Apple, is coming for a visit this weekend, so I hope he is better by then.

God is so good!

No comments: