Monday, August 13, 2012

STARTING SCHOOL YEAR NUMBER 22


So, today is my first day of the 2012-2013 school year. I am at the same middle school I taught at last year, but I am teaching 7th and 8th grade math this time instead of 6th.

I'll have many of the same children again. This can be both good and bad. I'll already have a working relationship with the good kids, but the pain in the a!@#$, will still be pains in the a!@. Either way, I'll know what to expect.

I applied to numerous 5th grade positions that were posted on the APS website, but to no avail. My personal opinion is that when a principal posts a job, they already have someone in mind and posting the job is just a formality. Unless you know someone at that school you really have no chance at even landing an interview.

My feeling is that I can do my part by applying and God will decide where He wants me to be. So, if I get another position I will happily move, but if it's in the plan that I stay where I am then God has something for me to learn and it's my job to figure out what that is.

I am more prepared for this year to start then I was last year. I've built in more community building activities and organizational routines, which will help us get off to the right start.

I always told myself that when I couldn't look forward to the start of a new school year, it would be time to get out of the profession. So, I feel good that, even after the crappy year I had last year, I am still looking forward to starting again.

No comments: