Thursday, August 23, 2012

ENJOY EVERY DAY

If I had my life to live over, I'd try to make more mistakes next time.
I would relax.
I would be sillier than I have been this trip.
I know of very few things that I would take seriously.
I would be crazier.
I would be less hygienic.
I would take more chances.
I would take more trips.
I would climb more mountains, swim more rivers, watch more sunsets.
I would walk more.
I would eat more ice cream and less beans.
I would have more actual troubles and less imaginary ones.
You see, I am one of those people who lives prophylactically 
and sensibly and sanely, hour after hour, day after day.
Oh, I have had my moments, and if I had to do it over again,
I'd have more of them. 
In fact, I'd try to have nothing else.
Just moments, one after another,
instead of living so many years ahead each day.
I have been one of those people who never goes anywhere
without a thermometer, a hot water bottle,
a gargle, a raincoat, and a parachute.
If I had to do it over again, I would go places and do things
and travel lighter than I have.
If I had my life to do over, I would start barefooted earlier 
in the spring and stay that way later in the fall.
I would play hooky more.
I wouldn't make such good grades except by accident.
I would ride on more merry-go-rounds.
I would pick more daisies.
`Anonymous

No comments: