Tuesday, July 31, 2012

BECOMING A BETTER ME...PART 13

Seek, inquire for and crave peace and pursue (go after) it! ~ Psalm 34:14
I PURSUE PEACE WITH GOD, MYSELF AND OTHERS.

I am an A-personality, perfectionist like person. I am frustrated a lot of the time by my weaknesses. I need to start believing that if I do my best, God will do the rest.

God is not surprised by my weaknesses and failures. He does not make mistakes, so I need to focus on my strengths. He loves me unconditionally and will always forgive me.

I need to relax about me so I can relax more about life in general. I don't want to continue to waste time feeling guilty about things in the past. I don't want to compare myself with others, trying to be like them. I don't want to compete with others, by trying to be good at what they are good at.

In 2 Corinthians 12:9 it says that we need to know what we are good at and what we are not good at and realize that God's strength is perfected in our weaknesses.

It's amazing how God purposely surrounds us with people who are not like us. My personality is a combination of my temperament at birth and the events of my life. God has given me exactly what I need in Richard. I need to accept him as he is. He was individual designed specifically by God.

Having perfectionist tendencies makes me more prone to struggling with expecting myself and others to be perfect. People have faults and there is no way around it. I need to lighten up and stop being overly exacting. Having my way all the time is not really as important as I once thought it was. I am great at making mountains out of molehills and this is very petty. If the horse is dead I need to dismount.

I also need to be more of an encourager. I need to notice strengths and ignore weaknesses.  

I need to pray and be willing to change myself. If I am going to have peace in my relationships, I need to be peaceful on purpose.

I am growing and seeing good changes all the time.

I'm not where I need to be, but thank God I'm not where I used to be! God is so good!

No comments: