Saturday, May 26, 2012

BECOMING A BETTER ME...part 7

The Lord is on my side; I will not fear. What can man do to me? ~ Psalm 118:6

For God id not give us a spirit of timidity (of cowardice, of craven and cringing and fawning fear), but [He has given us a spirit] of power and of love and of calm and well-balanced mind and discipline and self-control. ~ 2 Timothy 1:7


I WILL NOT LIVE IN FEAR!

I've known I've needed to work on this one long before I even heard of Joyce Meyer.


For too many years I allowed fear to keep me:

* silent when I should have spoken up about wrongs committed against me...
* walking down a planned path when I really didn't want to be on it...
* isolated from people
* bored
* jealous
* wanting
* comparing myself to others
* closed off
* sad
* angry
* confused


* unforgiven
* lacking faith
* from sleeping
* full of self doubt
* weak
* from feeling valued
* feeling disapproved of
* uncomfortable
* guilty
* burdened

For too long I focused on what I wasn't, what I didn't have, what I couldn't do and what I would never be. About 15 years ago I decided I was sick and tired of being sick and tired.

I still struggle with this, but it's not as all consuming as it once was. I can choose now to feel fear, but to act anyway.

As Joyce says, "Fear and faith cannot coexist." I don't have to know all the answers, but instead I can be excited about being part of God's mystery.


I'm not where I need to be, but thank God I'm not where I used to be! God is so good!

1 comment:

Marianne (Mare) Baker Ball said...

One thing Joyce talks about is that courage does not mean you are not afraid...it means you move forward anyway. Her phrase is, do it afraid. Just do the thing anyway. I love that, and try to remember it. Great post, I struggle with these things too.