Thursday, December 22, 2011

I NEED ADVICE!


To make a long story short, Samuel turned 3 on Decemeber 8th and still has NO INTEREST in using the potty!

Now to make a short story long....what do I do?

I know I can't push the matter. I've been told plenty of times that when he's ready he'll let me know, but there must be something I can do to move his interest along. Isn't there?

We have a potty, a book about using the potty and big boy underwear.  We've made suggestions, like, "Don't you want to be a big boy like Daddy?" "Let's go just try." We've even tried using the diapers that get cold when he's wet. Nothing! We've offered M&M's for using the potty too. Still nothing.

He hates having his diaper even changed. He doesn't care and would rather just hang out in a yucky, stinky diaper. I've told him that if he hates me changing him so much, he needs to use the potty like a big boy. I've even tried, "When you're a big boy and can use the potty, you can go to school." STILL NOTHING!

So, it's time to delurk and give this poor mommy some advice! WHAT DO I DO?!

4 comments:

Kris said...

Sorry sweetie...but until its his idea, you are spinning your wheels. Maybe he's waiting for you to stop talking about it...

happymomof4 said...

I agree with Kris! I know it's tough I've been in your shoes with my daughter, and learned my lesson so when it came time to potty train my son I let him take the lead. I also didn't fool with pull- ups etc with him straight to big boy pants and in a weeks time he was completely potty trained including nap and bed time. Thinking of you, hang in there!

birthmothertalks said...

My son wasn't trained until he was four or give but he had speech and motor delays. I think your going to just have to be patient and give him more time.

MtnGirl said...

You have to just wait and not keep trying to convince him. When he's ready, he'll do it! Mention it on occasion and boys may not be ready until 4 or older.