Sunday, September 11, 2011

The SKIN MAP BOOK REVIEW


The Skin Map by Stephen R. Lawhead
Thomas Nelson Publisher.

Kit Livingstone’s very boring life is about to get a little exciting. He has been told by his, long dead, great-grandfather that the legend of the ley lines that connect the multi-layered universe are, in fact, a reality. The road map to these lines, the Skin Map, has to be found before it falls into the wrong hands.

I was excited to think that we would be jumping from time to time, but the language barriers, culture shock, technology problems and famous people I thought they might encounter were not present. I didn’t even get into the book until I was half way through, but then I couldn’t put it down. They could have done so much more with this concept, but it kind of fell short. I was confused by some of the characters. Some, I didn’t feel were that important, they spent a long time developing and other ones who were important to the plot were very weak. The end left me with a lot of questions. I do plan on reading the next book in this series, The Bone House, because I am hoping some of these questions will be answered and the important characters will be developed more. Not the best book I’ve ever read, but I’d give it a 4 out of 5 stars.

BookSneeze® did provide me with a complimentary copy of this book.

No comments: