Thursday, January 20, 2011

30 DAYS OF TRUTH....DAY #21


WHAT DO YOU WORRY ABOUT AND WHY?

I heard this quote once...."PRAY ABOUT EVERYTHING AND WORRY ABOUT NOTHING," and I try to follow it, but having been raised Catholic, I think worrying is just in my DNA.

I don't spend days worrying about things that are in the future, like my Dad's melanoma surgery on January 26th, but I will spend that day worrying about it, until we find out the results. 

I have days that I do better then others. I am a planner so the more planning I can do the less worrying I do.

I hate being observed at work (We have to have a formal observation every year.). I am fine with kids, but adults freak me out. I worry about being observed a lot.

I worry about whether I am doing all I need to do for Samuel. Am I spending all the time with him that I should? Am I spending too much time? Is he progressing fast enough? 

I worry about our finances and how and where I can cut back. Except for my school retirement and Richards 401K we have no other investments. Investing scares me and I have no clue who to ask questions of and if I should trust them.

I worry about getting everything done, being a good enough wife, keeping up with the house repairs, if I will find another school I can be happy in.....there just aren't enough hours in the day.

Guilt, Worry and Impatience are my three biggest daily battles.

1 comment:

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

I try to let the worries have their say and then let them go. When it works, it's wonderful!