Sam will be 2 years old on December 8th. A lot of people start thinking of potty training around this time. I see Sam as a late bloomer and so I am not going to push it, but I am curious as to what you all think. It would be great if it could be completed by the time he is 3 so that we could then start applying to colleges. Ha! Ha!
The advice I've heard is wait until he starts telling you he's wet and shows the signs he's ready to proceed. He will occasionally point to his wet diaper when he wakes up, when I ask him if he stinks he'll lead me back to his bedroom to be changed and he does put his own diapers in the trash already. He also knows how to flush the toilet. These are the signs that I've seen that are telling me he may be ready to move forward, so I went ahead and bought a singing potty for him and it's in the bathroom by the toilet.
1. What age did you start with your child(ren)?
2. What kind of a seat did you use?
3. What kind of incentives, if any, did you give?
4. How long did it take to be fully trained?
5. What do you wish you had known when you started training your child(ren)?