Saturday, August 7, 2010
JUNK DRAWER RAMBLINGS
1. The OT (occupational therapist) was suppose to see Sam on Tuesday and she didn't show up or CALL! Please...you can' t even call? No, I didn't have 100 other things that could have got done if I had known you weren't coming. No, Sam didn't want to go to the pool that day. Believe me the next time you do show, I will get your number, so I can call you and remind you, to call me! NOTE: I did call the office...but no one answered or has responded since Tuesday!
2. Our school has a morning janitor that is suppose to unlock the school by 5:30 because our day starts at 7:30, but three days this past week he was sick and NO ONE ELSE HAD A KEY! YOU SHOULD HAVE SEEN ALL THE FRUSTRATED PEOPLE! We couldn't get in to make copies until 7:15. Ugghhh....please give one of us early birds a key!!!!!
3. MY SCHOOL DIDN'T MEET AYP (annual yearly progress) and only 17 schools in ALBUQUERQUE did. Tell me, why are special education students, that have their own educational plans, because of their difficulty learning, held to the same testing results as regular education children.
4. Honestly, you send your kid to school with his glasses and a skateboard.....really? Not even a pencil...give me a break!
5. Attendance is not a suggestion...if you want me to teach your child and you want him to learn, it's kind of a necessity. Of the 8 days we have been in session, I have one boy (see comment number 4) who has only been in class 2 days. Thus, we get results related to comment number 3.
6. Why is it not logical for guys to put things back where they belong or are stored? Instead, they just leave the item wherever it was last used.
7. Please, Mr. Tax Man, call me back. I've tried for 2 YEARS, with 2 different tax prep people to amend my 2008 taxes, so we can claim Sam for that year and it's still not done!
8. I've had my very first experience with ants that bite...THEY DARED TO BITE MY SON! Their days are numbered....and the number is VERY SMALL!
9. Dear Parents, I am sorry for inconveniencing you by keeping your child safe while I'm on bus duty. Next time, I will let them run across the street in front of that speeding Hummer.
10. Why is FAIR and REASONABLE a pipe dream and doing MORE with LESS a MANDATE?!?!!?!!?