Thursday, August 26, 2010

DEAR AUNT HARRIET #2


Here is another post in the series I've untitled DEAR AUNT HARRIET. The idea for this came from this post. This lady will inspire you! Grab a cup of coffee and let's have a chat...
________________________________
Husband,

By the time you read my letter, you will have already been served with the restraining order at work, my lawyer will be delivering the picture evidence to the police and I will be long gone. For the past year I have been playing your sweet, doting, subservient wife and planning my escape at the same time.

I allowed this to go on for too long and I am done being a victim. I don't want the house, the car, the dog, the boat, the camper or any part of your retirement. You can have all the furniture, appliances, pictures and trinkets. I thank God every day that we never had any children. I've found an apartment, a job and a new cell phone and only my lawyer knows the number. I am taking back my life. I am starting over.

Never again will you hit, spit, chock, slap or kick me. Never again will you lock me in the closet. Never again will I make excuses for bruises or black eyes. Never again will you cheat on me. Never again will you tell me that I can't go where I want or see who I want. Never again will you yell at me. Never again will you degrade me. Never again! Never again! Never again! Never again!

Why did I allow this? Why did I EVER put up with your crap? Why did I hold my tongue? Why did I want to die? Why do I now want to live? Why did I think you were worth it? Why did I think I wasn't? Why did I lie for you? Why did I bail you out of jail? Why did I love you? Why did you not love me?

I am taking back my life. I am starting over! I am going to think of only me! What do I believe? What are my values? What are my goals? What do I want to be? What do I want to do with my life? How do I want to spend my time? What do I want to learn about? Where do I want to live? Who deserves to be in my life? Who deserves to be loved by me?

I have wasted too many years on you and I will not waste one more day. I am tired. I am scared. I am nervous. I am anxious. I am excited. As the saying goes, there's nowhere to go but up from here. I am taking back my life!

~Your Loving Wife No More
_____________________________________

If you want to comment, please follow blogging protocols. I reserve the right to reject those comments that are rude or hurtful.

No comments: