Saturday, June 12, 2010

MISCELLANEOUS MUSINGS!

1. Today my new washer and dryer will be delivered, sometime between 9 a.m. and 1 p.m.

2. Tomorrow Richard is getting his tattoo. You know I'll post about it!

3. Next week Samuel starts swim lessons.

4. Samuel is now 18 months old and still isn't walking. We are filling out paperwork for a program called, ABRAZO, which deals with developmentally delayed children under the age of 3 and after being evaluated, if he is 25% below where he needs to be, he will qualify to have a physical therapist work with him. What's nice is they come right to our home.

5. Well, it's nothing to right home about, but I'm finally moved in to my new room that I'll be teaching in next year.

We are piloting a 5th grade academy, where each teacher, teaches reading and writing and one other subject. I'll be teaching social studies.

This is the only storage cabinet I have. So I bought a file cabinet. Attached to the sink is a water fountain too.

It's a portable building, so it's not much to look at, but it seems a little larger then the main building rooms.

I've already got permission to paint this wall. I may do children hand prints, a rainbow of colors or bright yellow, but I haven't decided yet.

I'll take pictures again when the new year has started and I have posters up, bulletin boards done and it will hopefully look more inviting.

1 comment:

MtnGirl said...

Yes! Get Samuel into Physical Therapy, if possible! I worked (as an EI) with a little girl who didn't start walking until about 18 months.

I teach special education and I was always put out in the portables........my first year of teaching, my room was a disaster!