Monday, May 3, 2010

GREAT POST!

There is an excellent post written today on TO LOVE, HONOR AND VACUUM, entitled, "WHAT I WISH I COULD SAY TO TEEN MOMS." I love Sheila's blog.

Here is a quote from the post, "Starting a family when there is no stability is one of the worst things you can do for your emotional future and your child's emotional future. It makes any education to better yourself so much harder. It makes finding a mate so much harder. It makes work harder. And you put your schedule, your bank account, your access to the child in the hands of the courts, for in all likelihood, you will be fighting over this for the foreseeable future. It seems so easy when it's just a pink line on a pregnancy test, but it doesn't stay that way."

Go by and check her out!

2 comments:

birthmothertalks said...

I wish people would say that to teens before they create a life. I know what she means by all that she stated, but I can tell you from my experience and plenty of other birthmom's that I have read about that placing a child for adoption isn't good for your emotional health.

Sheila said...

Birthmothertalks--

I hear what you're saying about adoption, too. I think that would be probably the most painful decision to make in your life, and that hole would never completely heal on this side of heaven.

The hard part about that post I wrote is that we HAD said all of this to that girl before she got pregnant. Our church had been loving her like crazy. And now she is pregnant because she wants somebody to love.

She'll keep the baby; I don't think adoption is even on her radar screen. It's just that it won't be the fairytale she's thinking right now, and I wish she had realized that a few months ago.

Sheila from To Love, Honor and Vacuum