MckMama at My Charming Kids had this idea...."I am in love with the concept of stream of consciousness posts. No editing. No thinking. Just writing. So easy, quick, fun. I can say what I need/want to say in a quick fashion." Is she a smart lady or what....
So I am stealing her idea.....at least I'm honest!
1. Mom is home from the hospital and doing well. She will only need some physical therapy, some occupational therapy and lots of rest. Thanks for all the prayers.
2. Thanks to whomever suggested wetting the plastic filter of the coffee maker, before I put the paper one it....it works like a charm.
3. Richard's newest word....Nocturnal OMISSIONS.....definition...."Not being sure whether you woke up in the middle of the night to take care of the baby." Conversation: Tracey: 'Dear, did Sam wake up last night?' Richard: 'I don't know. I might have got up, but I'm not sure. I think that's called a "nocturnal omission."
4. I do not understand people who are ALWAYS LATE! Reporting time at our school is 7:30 a.m. and we have a number of teachers that arrive EVERY day at 7:40 a.m. Why don't you just leave 10 minutes earlier? My husband gets distracted easily too, but he understands this about himself, so he sets his watch 10 minutes fast so that this doesn't happen.
5. Jake, the Bachelor, chose....YUCK....
...Vienna! I know opposites attract, but really! Thinking this will NOT last! I was doing so well with my guesses until Ali left!
6. On Thursday and Friday of last week, we had parent conferences. Personally, I don't think every parent needs to come in for a conference, but our school requires them twice a year. So, being the rule follower that I am, I schedule all my parents to come in. We find out at 1:30 p.m. that the janitor and secretaries are going home at 2:30 p.m. so the building will be locked at that time. Hmmm...I have conferences scheduled until 4:00 p.m. How exactly are they to get in the building? Easy, I have to wait by the front door for them. Really?! What if I'm in another conference? I know that the minute a parent tries to open the door and it's locked they will walk. Then I am told, that when I leave I will need to check the building and then call security to say the building is empty....SORRY...NOT...GOING...TO HAPPEN! I AM NOT TAKING RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE BUILDING! Plus 4 other teachers had conferences scheduled later then me. Will parents really feel welcome when they show up and the doors are locked and the lights are off?!
7. Samuel has an ear infection! Poor little guy! I'm so glad I listened to my "Mommy Instinct" and took him in to the doctor's on Friday. Imagine if I had waited until today! Ugghh!
8. Check out this site for REALLY GOOD STUFF!
9. I am officially on vacation until March 29th!!!