Wednesday, February 3, 2010
HOW DO YOU CHOOSE WHO TO FOLLOW?
According to my reader I am following 70 blogs right now. I have three sections (scroll down my sidebar) I ENJOY READING, FOREVER FAMILIES AND TEACHER FRIENDS. I love reading teacher blogs and blogs about others who have adopted. The third category (I ENJOY READING) is a jumble of mommy blogs, inspirational blogs, family blogs, people that make me laugh, and anything else I find interesting. I really do follow all of them. You should check some of them out.
How do I choose new blogs to follow:
1. I usually either click on links in others posts or from comments. Sometimes I scan down the sidebars to see who you all follow. I look for interesting or funny titles. I usually click on at least 5 a day.
2. I bookmark these to a file I call NEW BLOGS, to look at later.
3. Then I go back to each one and look at how often they post. The more often they post the better. If they don't post that often (once a week or less) I usually delete them.
4. For about a week or so I just check in to see what they are posting about. I look for humor, wit or interesting topics.
6. If there are too many advertisements or the blog is full of tons of stuff on the sidebar, it gives me a headache, so these get deleted.
7. Sorry, but if you're going to write a LONG post, you better catch my attention right away, with an interesting title or first few lines, or I'll probably just scan it.
8. If all these things draw my attention then I will add you to my sidebar and then add you to my reader and follow.
I have to admit I am a bit of a lurker too. I don't comment as much as I should, but I have gotten a lot better. I'm curious how you choose who to follow. When you comment please leave a link to a new blog that I can check out. I love finding new ones.
Labels: In My Opinion