Tuesday, December 29, 2009

BLISSFUL IGNORANCE

Up to this point I was living in blissful ignorance. It never crossed my mind that ANYONE could be against adoption. Then I read a friend's private blog post about how she was being harassed by someone that was, indeed, against adoption.

Then I fell down the rabbit hole....

By blog hopping, I have found a new group of blogs out there, written by women who "HATE" adoption, feel like their children were taken from them (and, in some instances, I agree, they were...), want to abolish adoption and therefore, do not even like those who adopt.

Over several posts, I will be sharing with you, what I have found and giving my take on the whole "anti-adoption" scene. It is sad and very disturbing. For now I need to gather my thoughts and spend some time researching and writing.

My question to you is this....Has anyone else had experiences with this? I would love to hear your thoughts and comments.

5 comments:

birthmothertalks said...

I have seen some hateful adoption blogs and I used to read them, but I decided it wasn't the best for me to waste my time with that kind of thinking.
I hope my blog doesn't come across as anti adoption, because I am not. However, I am willing to admit that ten years or so ago, if I found blogging I know things would have been different.

Jill said...

Bravo to you for taking this on! I have seen this around lately, and it is really beginning to bug me. I look forward to hearing your thoughts! You have posted a few things that I do not agree with, but overall, we are on the same page. Can't wait to hear your thoughts on this!

Becky said...

As you know, I had some haters leave me comments not long ago! I've seen many of the blogs and sites and have gotten very upset! My husband tells me to stay away from it all!
Many is from birthmothers and many from angry, bitter adoptees.
Really saddens me!!

Deb said...

There were 5 blogs I think that I saw this happen to. It was all during National Adoption Month. It seemed as though a lot of haters came out to attack AP's.

Jacksmom said...

Hi Tracey,

I didn't find "anti-adoption" blogs at first. I was on an adoption websites forums for all members of the adoption triad, and I was looking under the "birthparent" forum. I did this out of curiosity to know more about how they felt regarding their adoptions, to educate myself. What I found was ALOT of negative feelings regarding adoption. I was torn, honestly. I never knew that people felt this way either. You're right, some pretty much did have their children taken, but many did not and it was just something that they became so bitter about over time. It was very sad to see.