Friday, October 9, 2009

THE GREAT OZ

I would like to introduce myself.

I'M THE GREAT AND POWERFUL OZ!

Students must think I read minds, keep all of their grades in my head and can make things appear out of thin air. I am so annoyed when one of my students waits until we are walking to the busses, after the classroom door is locked, and says.....

"I NEED A PIECE OF POSTER BOARD FOR MY PROJECT."

"WHERE IS THAT PAPER (so specific) YOU GAVE ME?"

"I FORGOT MY MATH BOOK IN MY DESK."

"WHAT WAS MY GRADE ON THE SPELLING TEST?"

"I NEED ANOTHER COPY OF THE SOCIAL STUDIES QUESTIONS."

"CAN I PASS IN THE PROJECT (that I've already had a month to do...) THAT WAS DUE TODAY, TOMORROW?"


NOTE TO STUDENTS:

"I do not keep poster board in my back pocket. Whatever paper you are referring to is your responsibility. I can not pass through walls to retrieve something you forgot. I know I am BRILLIANT, but I do not store grades in my head. Unless you ate the social studies questions, that I just gave you an hour ago, they are probably in your, black hole of a desk, and NO, bummer, dude...that project is now a zero!"

No comments: