All learning is on temporary hold because:
1. the work on the roof that was suppose to have begun the Monday after we ended school last year, didn't start until July 17th, the day we came back.
2. we have no air conditioning.
3. pigeon poop, dust and God knows what else, is raining in through the air ducts.
4. the tar smell is giving us a headache.
5. water is leaking because they forgot to seal the parts of the roof they already finished.
6. we have mold issues (see #5).
7. we have termites (see #5).
8. 2 classrooms had to be stripped down to the studs (see #5)
9. 3 classrooms have to have their carpeting replaced (see #5)
10. we can't concentrate with the "jack-hammer" like noises created by the roofing process.
11. we are scared that the roof may fall in on our heads (see #10).
12. our shelves, desks and computers are all covered by large sheets of plastic.
13. books, supplies, manipulatives and bulletin boards have been destroyed (see #5).
14. we had to move to an unused portable classroom (see #1-13) and we couldn't carry the entire environment with us.
PICTURE EVIDENCE TO FOLLOW TOMORROW!