Thursday, July 23, 2009

Home Sweet (slowly improving) Home

Richard and I have lived in this house for 6 years and we're looking at at least another 4 or 5. We do a little improving each year. Here is a list of things we still want to do, besides upkeep:

For the living room, I want drapes....

...like these...I think I can make them. It's been on my list for 6 years, but I haven't got around to it yet....and....

a WII FIT...it was way down on the list, but now that football is being offered as one of the games...Richard may agree to this sooner.

For the office we want...

...plantation shutters for the windows...

.... and glass french doors. We have solid french doors now, but I always keep them open to let more light in....and...

...a sleeper sofa...so that guests have a place to stay. Now that Sam is here, we don't have a guest room and I'd also like...

...a writing desk...

...more shelving to create a library....and...

...a mac lap top....but the purple is for me!

For the kitchen I want to replace this....with...

....this, but in black. The refrigerator we have now came with the house, which was great at the time, but we soon realized we needed a freezer for the garage, since the freezer part in a side-by-side can't even fit a normal sized pizza. The water in the door doesn't work anymore, so as soon as this one dies, we're buying a new one.

For the laundry room, I want to replace these with....

...these. I'm even thinking about getting the stackable kind and then on the side making a counter space with cabinets above it for storage, but again I have to wait for the old ones to die.

Outside we'd like to get....
...a small fire pit and...

...a BBQ Grill, but I don't think we can fit both.

I'd also like at least one...

...lilac bush. I just need to find the best place for it.

In this area of the yard, we haven't been very successful at growing much, because it gets direct sun light, so maybe we'll do....

...a fountain or...

...a small shed and that way we can make more room in the garage.

Which, by the way, I'd like to look like this.

I'd like to have...
...refrigerated air instead of a swap cooler, but unless I come across $5000, I don't think that will happen.

I'd like to have...
...raspberry bushes too, but they take a lot of water and my green thumb is kind of light grey...so I don't think this will happen either.

What's on your wish list for your house?

3 comments:

M/J Granata said...

Hey Tracey...
I can't start on my house wish list just yet, I would take up all of your comment space!
We are still living with studs,sheet rock, a mess etc... everywhere. This place is still in shambles!

I love your ideas for your house! I want several of the same things... I am happy with the typical washer and dryer that we have had for a long time. However, I do want some curtains/drapes... and a new fridge (b/c our ice maker is broken and the doors don't seal well).

I think you have great windows in your living space! In the end, we want a screened in porch (to keep the stupid mosquitoes off of me) and a hammock! Love the post!

Thanks...
J

KLTTX said...

Our list is long too but our bank account is small so we only do emergency maintenance for now. My next 5 year wish list (our house was built in 2001) is:
- new carpet (but with two young sons, two dogs and two cats, we'll be holding off as long as we can)
- freshly painted wall throughout the house (we still have the boring off white that the builder used)
- new dishwasher (this one will probably happen sooner rather than later as ours is so loud you can't hear the tv or have a conversation while it is running)
- new kitchen counter
- cover for our back deck so we can enjoy our backyard more (it gets so hot here during the summer that we don't really go outside at all)
- landscaping around our pool

My list could go on and on. I think with owning a house you always have a never ending list of wants. As soon as you get one project finished, another one is there waiting.

Anonymous said...

I'm just going to move in with you. Although we'll need two purple computers :)

I love lilacs, miss them the most down here.

I have my dream house planned out. Of course Extreme Makeover would have to execute it, because I'm very impatient. My two main requests are his and her offices and a central closet. I get tired of schlepping clothes all over the house, I figure if there was a laundry room/closet in the kids main bath with a dressing room, all clothes could be centrally located.
A girl can dream.