Have you ever seen The Real Housewives of New York City?
I AM HOOKED! These pretentious, jealous, shallow, egotistical, vain, rich women...from the left: Ramona Singer, Jill Zarin, LuAnn de Lesseps, Betheny Frankel and Alex McCord....are so funny to watch. There is so much drama, and back biting, I don't know how these women can call each other friends. Their lives revolve around parties, money, fashion, going out to lunch and shopping. I think they're trying to fill up their emptiness.
Here is a little about them:
• Fashion entrepreneur Ramona Singer...I love the word "entrepreneur." Sorry, but too many times I find that word means..."I'm thinking about getting a job." She has a fashion line and a jewelry line and an anti-aging skin care line. She has a tennis player husband, Mario, and a 13 year old daughter, Avery and they live in Manhattan. Ramona ignores people she doesn't like and then when they call her on it, she acts shocked that they were offended and blames the bad blood on them.
• Alex McCord...is a busy career woman that has a nanny taking care of her two little bratty boys, Francois and Johan, that are in private school (probably getting beat up for having those names...) taking French. Her husband is Simon van Kempen (...that name should tell you a lot...). They spent the summer in the Hamptons, as well as their annual trip to St. Bart's. He loves shoes and attends fashion shows with her. On one episode they spent $3000 in one store, on shoes.
• Luann de Lesseps, who is a countess...and actually introduces herself as one...also spent the summer in the Hamptons with her family. With live-in housekeeper Rosie out of the country for the summer, LuAnn had to run the house herself. Oh my God! She has two children...her daughter, Victoria, is being sent to boarding school so that should make things easier on her. LuAnn is writing a book on manners and etiquette, called...ha...ha...ha "Class With The Countess." And the latest news is her husband, of 15 years, sent her an email and asked for a divorce.
• Jill Zarin has a daughter, Allyson, getting ready for college, and a cute husband, Bobby. Allyson goes to France to study for the summer, so Jill spends her summer in their Hamptons home. She has a thick New York accent and her nose very high in the air.
• Bethenny Frankel broke up with her boyfriend because he didn't want to marry her and also spent the summer in the Hamptons. Supposedly, she's a natural foods chef and has a line of baked goods. I guess she also wrote a book, "Naturally Thin: Unleash Your Skinnygirl & Free Yourself from a Lifetime of Dieting."
Kelly Killoren Bensimon, the newest Housewife, is a mother of 2 daughters, model, equestrian, author, editor and designer. She writes for the gossip column in the New York Post's Page Six Magazine.
It's really quite amusing! So, if you have a lazy afternoon and you want a good laugh...stroll on over to BRAVO and watch a bunch of privileged, silver spoon fed women, fight over shoes. It makes my life look so easy and very fulfilled! I would like to be able to shop and travel more, but besides that....I think I've got the better deal! Thank you God!