Monday, April 20, 2009

New Normal!

We've fallen into a very nice routine.

My work week routine is as follows:

I get up at 5 a.m. and I'm out of the house by 6 a.m. So, besides a kiss, I don't see much of my son or husband until after 3 p.m. in the afternoon. Richard tells me that Samuel sleeps until 7:30 or 8 a.m. most mornings. Richard either leaves at 8 a.m. on his early days or 10 a.m. on his late days and then the babysiter takes over. By the way, she's wonderful! I love that Samuel can stay at home. He takes a 2+ hour nap at about 10 a.m., but is awake the rest of the day.

My students leave at 2 p.m. and then I have planning time. I've managed to do all my planning and correcting at school without having to take anything home, yet. At 3 p.m. I head for home and usually complete one errand on the way (bank, store, postoffice, etc...). I'm usually home by 3:30 p.m.

Now, that spring is here, it's nice enough that we go for a walk in the afternoons. Our dog, Menlo, realy looks forward to me coming home, for this reason. We then talk and play while I do laundry, vaccuum etc and around 5:00 p.m. Samuel gets his oatmeal cereal and then a bottle too. Then he usually takes a cat nap for about 30 minutes. After we wakes up we have a bath, read books, have tummy time and play with the dog. His last bottle is at 8:00 p.m. and then within a half hour he goes to sleep for the night.

On the weekends Samuel and I go shopping or to Grandma's house. The rest of the schedule stays pretty much the same. In the summer we'll have to take either an early morning walk or wait until sunset because the rest of the day is too darn hot. It will be nice to spend time in the back yard, library, and park too.

1 comment:

Rebekah said...

It all sounds nice except for the 5am part....yikes! My time is coming for those early hours....and I'm not looking forward to it!