In this post, I said that one of my goals for this year is to save $10,000. A few of you asked how I planned to do this.
Here is the plan:
1. I am cutting our food budget by $100 a month
2. I usually pay $150.00 extra a month on the car...we will not do this this year
3. We usually pay $150.00 extra a month on our house...we will not do this this year
4. We had 2 life insurance policies and we have cut that in half, which saves $90.00 a month
5. We will get cheaper car insurance...not sure how much I will save yet on this
6. Gas prices have gone down so we are saving about $80 a month here
7. Our dog, Keene, died and she was actually very high maintenance, medically, so we are saving money now that she is gone. Sad, but true.
8. I'm sure there are some other areas I can cut back in, so I'll keep looking.
This will amount to about $600 or so a month and I usually save about $300 anyway, so that is $900 total saved each month. I keep you updated on how the "plan" is going. Wish me luck.