Monday, December 22, 2008
I am 2 weeks old!
I am 2 weeks old today! My mom has received some great advice, including the following:
1. Be as organized as possible.
2. Eat, burp, change, feed more, sleep.
3. Lower your expectations on what you can get done in a day.
4. You can't spoil a baby in the first 3 months.
5. Huggies have more padding in the front for boys.
6. Don't worry about the housework.
7. Ask and take any help that is offered.
Any advice you'd like to pass on to my parents would be greatly appreciated.
Second, the lack of sleep has caused some interesting things to happen at my house...
1. 6 pounds of weight loss
2. shaving cream, instead of shampoo, on top of my dad's head
3. dry cereal stored in the refrigerator
4. panic attacks
5. bonding of family members
6. memory loss ("What day is today?")
Please share your funny stories with my mom, so that she doesn't feel alone!
Lastly, she has a few questions for you:
1. How can mom and dad keep me more awake during the day so that I'm not awake all night? (Right now I have night and day mixed up!)
2. What are some techniques you use for putting your babies to sleep?
3. What do you know now, that you wished you knew then?
Thanks for your help. Mommy and Daddy really appreciate it!