Friday, November 21, 2008

Mother Teresa will be babysitting our child....


God has answered our prayers!!!

I was so nervous at the beginning of the week, thinking that I would NEVER find anyone as good as Marylou to watch my baby. She's a very close friend, a wonderful person that I've known for 18 years and I would have had NO worries.

I immediately told everyone I knew that I needed a babysitter and I even posted on Craig's List. "R" answered my add and I went to her house. She is very sweet, is the last of eight children, just like me, has a 2 1/2 year old son, has a great playroom and we hit it off right away. She and I talked about the adoption and my infertility and I even cried about it. It was a little embarrassing, but she put me totally at ease. She was only going to charge me $125.00 a week. My husband and I were very excited about her and.....

.....then..."Mother Teresa" called the house....(There is an older (late 50's) lady at my church that is very sweet, "Salt of the earth." I have attending a couple bible studies with her, she always brings food to people and is just short of a saint.)...We'll call her "Teresa."

Teresa called me and left a couple messages and we played phone tag for 2 days...and then....

Teresa: "Hi, Tracey. I'd been meaning to call over the last few months and offer you my services with the baby, but I just hadn't got around to it. Then I saw the e-mail from the church saying you needed help. I'd love to sit with Samuel."

Me: "REALLY!? That would be amazing....I went on to explain hours, days, when I would drop off and pick up...etc....

Teresa: "Actually, I would be an in house nanny. I have a car, so I can come whenever you need me. I'm retired, so I'm very flexible too. It would just be easier since you have everything little Samuel needs there." (I've collected a portable crib and some extra stuff thinking I would take them to whomever watched our son.)

Me: "REALLY!? That would be amazing! Are you ok with cats and a dog? How much would you be asking?"

Teresa: "Whatever you and Richard can afford and the animals would be fine. A few years ago I watched a little one for another couple for about 2 years until they moved away. I figured I could watch Samuel for 4 or 5 years, until he goes to school."

Me: "REALLY!? That would be amazing! You are a God send Teresa."

I had never thought of having someone in our home, especially not someone I could TOTALLY trust! Also I won't have to cart Samuel around at 6:30 AM, when I go to work. Sometimes Richard doesn't go in until 10:00, so Samuel can be with Daddy in the AM, "Teresa" during the day, and Mommy in the afternoon and at night.

I do need to call "R" and let her know that we were going to go with her, but how could I pass this up. My own mother would be the only thing better.

THANK YOU GOD! I AM TRULY BLESSED!!! Remember prayers not panic!

6 comments:

Ashley said...

Wow. What a huge answer to prayer. Sounds like she'll be someone Sam tells fond stories of in his 20s. Very cool!

Kris said...

I knew God had it all worked out! See...He had been placing it on her heart for several months! Had she said something back then, you would likely have struggled with what to do! And now...it's PERFECT!

I'm so excited for you!!! This is your miracle! (My mom prays for a miracle every day...this is yours!) God is SO GOOD!

Yoka said...

What a wonderful gift to have such a wonderful person in your church/life. Like a godsend nanny!!!

Amy said...

That is wonderful news, Tracey! I am so happy for you!:)

God is good!

God Bless,
Amy:)

RB said...

First of all, 2 weeks to go!!!!! Next, that's wonderful news about Teresa. You couldn't have asked for a better scenario. I love it when life works out like that. :)

annieology said...

I hear the angelic choir in the background. Great for you all. And I can' believe that it's almost here.