Wednesday, October 15, 2008

And we finally experience peace in the home...

We've noticed some changes in our other animals since Keene has been gone. I hate to say it, but they're good changes.



This has never happened before. Jynx, the cat, has never allowed Menlo, the dog, this close to her without hissing! They have never been nose to nose.


As you can see Richard is in shock too...


And then to our surprise, the rest of the cats, Cynder (small grey one) and Autumn (puffy one) came out too.

Normally, the cats will stay in the other room. So, seeing them come out on their own AND be on the floor, in very close proximity to Menlo is COMPLETELY AMAZING! Not sure why this is happening, but it is certainly nice to see.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe they are sensing Menlo's loss and showing their support/love. It'll be interesting to see if it lasts! All very interesting, indeed. Your SBP

RB said...

I agree with Anonymous, I think they're sensing the loss of Keene. Animals are amazing creatures.

My Blessings From Above said...

I agree with your secret blog pal.
Maybe they are showing love and support.
I have to say I had a cat named Cinder (spelled like cinder block). We only have one kitty now, Jupiter but Justin and Kaden would love for her to have companion! :)

MtnGirl said...

You sound like such a proud Mama that all your kiddos are playing nicely together! :-) My cat was about 5 y/o when I brought home my cocker puppy. My cat comes and butts heads with my dog and he'll let the dog lick his ears! It's hilarious. I hope your kitties continue to love you pup! (and Sam!)

Amy said...

I think your SBP is on to something. They seem to be encouraging each other. How sweet!

God Bless,
Amy:)

Anonymous said...

That's GREAT!! That was always my dream when we had a cat because our dog is so hyper.

Our Growing Family said...

Hi,

i just stopped by your blog for the first time. normally, i would mention our adoption and how i know what you are going thru...etc. but what caught my heart and brought tears to my eyes was your story about Keene. i just got back from the vet after taking my 5 y.o. boxer lily for her 7th chemo treatment. she has lymphoma. i went back and read your goodbye to keene. it must have been so hard. i know we will get to that point with lily, but i can hardly think of it. my prayers are with you. they are a part of our family. my god bless you and the arrival of your little samuel. our son was placed with us exactly one month ago! it is an amazing feeling. our blog is www.kemperkite.blogspot.com